About the ELT
Levenshulme is a school of 1,000 girls. Whalley Range is a large 11-18 High School of 1500 girls located in the heart of inner city Manchester. The East Manchester Academy is a mixed school of 970 students in the heart of Manchester’s regeneration area in Beswick. They serve some of the most deprived wards in Manchester and embrace and celebrate their cultural diversity.
The schools receive their intake from over 75 primary schools from within and beyond Manchester. Whalley Range is the only community school in Manchester offering single sex post 16 provision. Over 90% of sixth form students are from ethnic minority backgrounds.
We have a clear mission for the Trust:
To educate, inspire and empower young people to be the next generation of leaders.
We are dedicated to promoting the emotional, physical and social well-being of our diverse and multi-cultural population and aspire to be a centre of excellence for the education of young people. We will teach resilience so students can achieve outstanding results and thrive in a challenging future.
The co-operative values of cooperation, self-reliance, team work, democracy and ethical approaches to business will inform our trust values. These values and principles will underpin the work of the Trust and we believe will contribute to strengthening the schools’ links with their local communities.
In particular, we are interested in raising standards of achievement through:
- working collaboratively with others, including education, business, health and sporting partners, to raise standards and opportunities
- having honest and open relationships with all other partners, helping each other to reach common goals
developing a global perspective rooted in the co-operative values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity
- upholding the ethical values of integrity, honesty, fairness and responsibility
adopting a mutual stake-holding model where membership will be open to all involved with the school (children, parents / carers, members of the community, partners and staff)
- developing further meaningful and sustainable links with the communities served by the Academy Trust
- promoting learning and enterprise opportunities to develop concepts of social entrepreneurship locally, regionally and globally
- sharing professional development programmes to build professional and social capital
- building on positive relationships with parents
- raising the aspirations of our students and families through sustainable links with higher educational establishments in order to develop routes to economic well-being
The Trust, through its local and wider partnerships, will work to support all schools in involving parents/carers and other stakeholders and assisting in the development of the next generation of adults who will drive our community forward and enable it to thrive. It will strive to more effectively involve all schools with their communities and vice versa.
The Alliance Manchester Business School, Manchester University, is the largest Business School in the UK. We are enjoying working together to raise standards and aspirations.
Laing O’Rourke has a long-standing commitment with The East Manchester Academy and is committed to adding value to the work of the school.
- Annual Report and Financial Statements 2015
- Annual Report and Financial Statements 2016
- ELT Articles of Association
- ELT Financial Scheme of Delegation - July 2016
- ELT Financial Scheme of Delegation -May 2015
- ELT Funding Agreement
- ELT Memorandum of Association
- LHS Supplemental Funding Agreement
- WRHS Supplemental Funding Agreement
Inset Day - School closed to students
September 3, 2018
Half Term 1 Starts
September 4, 2018
Year 7 Team Building Day
September 5, 2018