Everyone at Levenshulme High School is delighted at and very proud of the class of 2016’s GCSE Results.
Our Progress 8 score is, like last year, very pleasing and well above the government’s floor target of -0.5. This shows our students are making excellent progress across a broad range of subjects, on average achieving ½ a grade higher than they should:
- Progress 8 Score: 0.49
We are delighted to have exceeded last year’s Attainment 8 score with the class of 2016 which is, impressively:
- Attainment 8 Score: 49.30
Levenshulme High School congratulates the class of 2016 on achieving well against this attainment measure in the English and maths:
- % Students who achieved Grade C or above in English and mathematics: 55%
As a school we are proud of our long-standing success against the English Baccalaureate measure and for the GCSE Results of 2016, this remains the case;
- % Students who achieved the English Baccalaureate: 44%
Congratulations and well done to the Class of 2016 on their fantastic GCSE results this year.
Once again we are very proud and delighted with our students’ great performance this year. This is a result of their hard work and commitment to their studies.
We would like to thank all the staff for their dedication to our students and their support in helping them be the best that they can be.
We wish every student good luck and best wishes for their next steps.
- 55% of students achieved A*-C in both Maths and English with an amazing 44% reaching the English Baccalaureate criteria. This is well above last year’s national average.
- 35 students have achieved 5 or more A*-A grades with an incredible 9 of these achieving 8 or more A*-A grades.
- The new Progress 8 measure and the value added score for the best 8 subjects including English and Maths are both showing that students are, once again, making excellent progress from Key Stage 2 to Key Stage 4.
- We achieved on a par or higher than the girls national averages for A*-A in 9 subjects – Arabic, Chemistry, Drama, German, History, Italian, Physics, Core Science and Additional Science.
- We achieved higher than the girls national average for A*-C in 12 subjects – Arabic, Biology, Business Studies, Chemistry, Geography, Italian, Physics, Religious Studies, Additional Science, Sociology, Spanish, and Urdu.
We are very proud of the results achieved by the class of 2015. Please see below for a summary of our results:
- 56% achieved 5 x A*- C GCSE Grades including English and maths
- 69% achieved 5 x A*- C GCSE Grades
- 38% achieved the English Baccalaureate
- 71% achieved the expected levels of progress from Key Stage 2 to Key Stage 4 in English
- 69% achieved the expected levels of progress from Key Stage 2 to Key Stage 4 in maths
Everyone at Levenshulme High School is delighted at and very proud of the class of 2015’s Value Added scores:
Progress 8 Score: 0.59
Capped 8+ English and maths
- Value Added: 1031.7
- English Value Added: 1001.9
- Maths Value Added: 1002.6
- Science Value Added: 1003.9
- Languages Value Added: 1001.7
- Humanities Value Added: 1005.3
National Sports Week
June 24, 2019 - June 28, 2019 @
June 25, 2019
Yr6 Taster Day
June 25, 2019