Leading Parent Partnership Award at Levenshulme High School
What do we have to do to achieve the award?
- Levenshulme High School will work towards meeting 10 different objectives to achieve the award. These objectives are:
- The school demonstrates a commitment to work towards the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
- The school makes and implements effective plans to achieve and maintain the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
- The school is a welcoming and friendly place for parents.
- The school promotes an awareness of and participation in lifelong learning opportunities available in school and in the community to all groups of parents.
- The school holds and actively promotes enrichment opportunities or events for joint parent/child participation.
- The school provides good induction for all new parents.
- The school provides parents with relevant and user-friendly guidance and information to help them support their children’s learning.
- The school produces and implements parent friendly policies to establish effective home school links and improve pupil/student attendance, punctuality, behaviour and progress and positive participation in school.
- The school provides good support for transition for parents when their children leave the school.
The school evaluates performance against the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
What difference will it make to the work we already do with families at Levenshulme High School?
It will get even better! By consulting with parents and reviewing our work, we will improve our standards and achieve the LPPA!
What can families do to help Levenshulme achieve the award?
- Read all letters and publicity we send out
- Come along to our events if you can.
- Complete any questionnaires we send out as honestly as you can
- Talk to us about any ideas you have to make Levenshulme even better
We hope to achieve the award by Autumn 2019.
The LPPA provides a challenging framework to enable schools to strengthen their partnership with parents and carers. It is a developmental process which, through the involvement of parents, aims to enhance children life chances at all stages from nursery to secondary. The Award is a key tool for school self-evaluation, complements the standards required by Ofsted, Investors in People and other national awards and provides ongoing evidence relevant to the school Self Evaluation Form (SEF).
We will keep you informed about our progress in our newsletter and on our website and look forward to seeing you around school.
Levenshulme High School
Academy / Executive Headteacher: Dr J. MacKinnon PhD
0161 224 4625
0161 256 1170
Get in Touch
Please direct all queries in the first instance to Mrs Tebb