Replacement Free School Meal Scheme for Asylum Seekers
Unfortunately it has come to light that families who are asylum seekers and have no National Insurance (NI) number cannot currently access the FSM scheme. In order to ensure provision is made for asylum seekers, schools have been to assist by making an application on behalf of the asylum seeker. The Benefits team will then prioritise these cases. By the school completing the third-party declaration, and applying on behalf of the asylum seeker this would support the validation process.
If you would like the school to apply on your behalf, please email email@example.com with your name, your daughter’s name and a contact telephone number and we will contact you directly.
MCC are providing a financial grant to parents and carers of the following groups of children and young people.
To qualify the family must be:
- A Manchester resident or supported by our Homelessness Service; and
- Whose family has been hardest hit by the recent issues and may be waiting for benefits to be assessed or have a gap in their income due to being laid off etc
We will be able to pay this money within a few days by the following methods:
- A bank transfer into a nominated bank account
- A secure text message that can be used to access cash from a range of Paypoint outlets in the city
- A voucher that can be printed and can then be exchanged for cash from a range of Paypoint outlets in the city
To make an application, families need to submit a request via the Council’s Welfare Provision Scheme